1. Put out parking signs at least 35 minutes before service starts.
2. One usher should be seated by the three main doors through out the service to assist guests, etc. Those ushers should be in position 15 minutes before service to warmly greet guests as they enter the Sanctuary.
3. Actively and respectfully help guests with special needs.
4. Assist all guests with seating as they arrive as needed, particularly after service has started.
>> Smile and greet them!
>> Ask how many people they need seats for.
>> Ask if they are looking for someone.
>> Hand them off to the next usher, or personally escort them to their seat(s).
5. Be observant of needs guests may have even after service has begun.
6. Help maintain a distraction free and safe environment.
>> After service has started, help usher any who “linger” in the hall or lobby area into service.
>> If someone is disrupting the service, help to usher them into the green room or office area. A Pastoral Elder should join you to minister to that guest or take other appropriate measures.
>> If someone is disrupting worship with a tambourine, shofar, or other instrument, please respectfully approach them and let them know that while we value freedom in worship, we only allow our worship teams to play instruments during our worship times as it can be too distracting for others who are worshiping here.
>> If someone has brought in a large flag or something that is causing disruption to the experience of other guests, please respectfully ask them to put it away. Again, explain that we value freedom in worship, but we don’t have the space to accommodate such things and need to make sure the environment is one in which all are able to worship as freely and safely as possible.
>> If anyone is upset about our policies, don’t get upset. Please remain calm and respectful. Kindly refer them to a Pastoral Elder for further care.
7. Help facilitate offering in a way that is respectful and makes our guests feel comfortable and confident in how we handle money.
>> Please make sure you are dressed appropriately when you will be handling the offering.
>> Get in place during the prayer/offering reading.
>> Count baskets before and after to ensure all baskets have been collected.
8. Help facilitate communion the first weekend of each month.
>> Set communion cups out in baskets on tables on either side of the stage at the front of the sanctuary.
>> At the close of the communion time, go around with baskets to pick up empty cups / wrappers.
9. Count the attendance each week.
>> Count attendance once people are seated for the sermon.
>> Don’t forget to get the count from children’s / Jr. High Sunday School / etc.
10. Pick up parking signs after the service ends.